SF 49ers' new Santa Clara stadium costs increase
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- It will now cost the San Francisco 49ers more to finish building their new home in Santa Clara.
This comes after the team decided to add about $100 million dollars worth of tech features to Levi's Stadium
That ups the stadium cost to about $1.3 billion.
The decision to add extras follows Super Bowl 50 being awarded to the Bay Area.
Our media partner, the San Jose Mercury News, reports the team has already sold a billion dollars in seat licenses and naming rights.
super bowl, san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl, construction, nfl
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos