SF 49ers' new Santa Clara stadium costs increase
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- It will now cost the San Francisco 49ers more to finish building their new home in Santa Clara.
This comes after the team decided to add about $100 million dollars worth of tech features to Levi's Stadium
That ups the stadium cost to about $1.3 billion.
The decision to add extras follows Super Bowl 50 being awarded to the Bay Area.
Our media partner, the San Jose Mercury News, reports the team has already sold a billion dollars in seat licenses and naming rights.
super bowl, san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl, construction, nfl
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage 55 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 2 min ago
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday