SF 49ers' new Santa Clara stadium costs increase
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- It will now cost the San Francisco 49ers more to finish building their new home in Santa Clara.
This comes after the team decided to add about $100 million dollars worth of tech features to Levi's Stadium
That ups the stadium cost to about $1.3 billion.
The decision to add extras follows Super Bowl 50 being awarded to the Bay Area.
Our media partner, the San Jose Mercury News, reports the team has already sold a billion dollars in seat licenses and naming rights.
super bowl, san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl, construction, nfl
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 15 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed 41 min ago
- Another mistake found in BART union contract 44 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test 38 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban 41 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos