Former San Francisco 49er recovers lost Super Bowl ring
A former San Francisco 49ers offensive lineman got his lost Super Bowl ring back thanks to quick work by employees at Mineta San Jose International Airport.
A worker found John Macaulay's gold and diamond-encrusted ring from Super Bowl XIX in a restroom. The ring was turned over to the airport's lost and found. Since the ring had Macaulay's name on it, airport employees didn't have to work hard to find out whom it belonged to.
Macaulay is now a doctor and tech professional. He was in awe at how quickly he got his ring back.
super bowl, san francisco 49ers, mineta san jose international airport, nfl
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos