Seattle police to dress as 49ers fans for Sunday's game
SEATTLE (KGO) -- Police in Seattle are changing uniforms to deal with unruly fans at this Sunday's showdown between the Seahawks and 49ers.
The Seahawks announced Thursday that undercover cops will patrol CenturyLink field dressed as 49ers fans.
The officers will be tasked with upholding the Seahawks' fan code of conduct, which prohibits foul or abusive language, intoxication and physical harassment.
Fans breaking the code will be kicked out and forced to take an online course if they want to return in the future.
Seattle fans are among loudest in the National Football League, making their home field of the toughest places for opposing teams to play.
nfl, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 15 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday