49ers beat Rams 35-11 on Thursday Night Football
raw video: Vernon's View: "We just need to stay in it."
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Colin Kaepernick threw two TD passes, Frank Gore had his first 100-yard game of the season, and the 49ers routed the Rams 35-11. Colin Kaepernick threw 2 TD passes, Frank Gore had his first 100-yard game of the season, and the 49ers routed the Rams 35-11.
Anquan Boldin had five catches for 90 yards and a touchdown, and Gore had 153 yards on 20 carries and a 34-yard score for San Francisco (2-2), which was outscored 46-10 the previous two games. Navarro Bowman had two of the 49ers' five sacks with a strip leading to a fourth-quarter scoring run by Anthony Dixon.
The Rams (1-3) had an overtime win and tie against San Francisco last year, and took the early lead Thursday before falling flat. Greg Zuerlein banged in a 40-yard field goal off the right upright to end a nine-game scoring drought in the first quarter, but the 49ers answered with 28 straight points.
GAME HIGHLIGHT FEED:
- After suffering two consecutive losses, the 49ers bounced back and beat the Rams 35-11 on Thursday Night Football.
- 49ers left tackle Joe Staley limps off the field after suffering a knee injury in the 4th quarter.
- Kendall Hunter scores on a 29-yard run and the 49ers now lead the #Rams 35-11.
- After a fumble by the 49ers, the Rams score on a 6-yard pass from Sam Bradford to Lance Kendricks then make a 2-point conversion.
- Touchdown 49ers on a 1-yard run by Anthony Dixon. Niners now lead the Rams 28-3.
- First and goal 49ers after Navarro Bowman strips the ball from Rams QB Sam Bradford.
- The 49ers score again on a 12-yard pass, Colin Kaepernick to Vernon Davis. Niners now lead the Rams 21-3.
- Ogletree strips the ball from Frank Gore and the Rams take possession with 14:12 left in the 3rd quarter.
- 49ers fullback Bruce Miller leaves the game with an injury.
- And the second half is underway, 49ers vs. Rams live on ABC7!
- At halftime, the 49ers lead the Rams 14-3, live on ABC7! Frank Gore and Anquan Boldin both scored touchdowns in the half.
- With 44 seconds left in the half, the 49ers go for it on 4th and inches -- and Frank Gore runs for a TD.
- Towards the end of the 2nd half, Donte Whitner comes down with an interception in the end zone for a touchback.
- Colin Kaepernick completes a 20-yard pass to Anquan Boldin for a touchdown After a review, 49ers now lead 7-3.
- Quinton Patton injures foot, questionable to return.
- At the end of the first quarter, the Rams lead the 49ers 3-0.
- A 40-yard field goal try by Greg Zuerlein bounces off the right post and goes in, good. Rams lead 49ers 3-0.
- After a penalty on the Rams for fair catch interference, the 49ers take possession for their first drive.
- A 53-yard field goal attempt by 49ers Phil Dawson goes wide right, no good, and the Rams get the ball back.
- The Niners kick off and 49ers vs. Rams is underway in St. Louis and live on ABC7!
ABC7 coverage continues tonight on ABC7 News at 11 p.m. with highlights and analysis from 49ers great Jerry Rice, and ABC7's Larry Beil and Mike Shumann. TV SCHEDULE
- 3:00 p.m. - Katie
- 4:00 p.m. - ABC7 News
- 4:30 p.m. - 49ers Pre Game Show
- 5:00 p.m. - NFL Thursday Night Football on ABC7 San Francisco 49ers at St. Louis Rams from Edward Jones Dome
- 8:30 p.m. - ABC7 News: 49ers After the Game
- 9:00 p.m. - Grey's Anatomy
san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school 52 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained 46 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
24 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos