San Francisco 49ers' Levi's Stadium gets first seats
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- Construction on the San Francisco 49er's new stadium in Santa Clara reaches a milestone today.
Crews are working to install the first seats in the lower bowl of Levi's Stadium.
The lower bowl will be one of the largest in the National Football League with over 45,000 seats. Roughly two-thirds of the stadium's capacity will be housed in that section. It's designed to bring the majority of fans closer to the field.
Stadium will seat more than 68,000 fans when finished.
Levi's Stadium, san francisco 49ers, santa clara, construction, nfl, nfl
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting 37 min ago
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday