Owens to serve as 49ers honorary team captain
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A talented but troubled former football star will make his return to Candlestick Park this Sunday as honorary 49ers team captain.
Wide receiver Terrell Owens will be on hand to celebrate one of the top ten Niner moments at Candlestick.
His game winning touchdown catch over Green Bay in the 1999 playoffs has been selected as the 4th greatest moment at the stadium.
Owens played 121 games for the red and gold but was traded to Philadelphia in 2004 following a dispute with the front office.
san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case