Owens to serve as 49ers honorary team captain
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A talented but troubled former football star will make his return to Candlestick Park this Sunday as honorary 49ers team captain.
Wide receiver Terrell Owens will be on hand to celebrate one of the top ten Niner moments at Candlestick.
His game winning touchdown catch over Green Bay in the 1999 playoffs has been selected as the 4th greatest moment at the stadium.
Owens played 121 games for the red and gold but was traded to Philadelphia in 2004 following a dispute with the front office.
san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 55 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos