Vernon Davis calls for rule change after painful tackle
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis was on the receiving end of a rough tackle during Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams when Rams rookie T.J. McDonald appeared to bring down Davis by grabbing onto his groin.
Davis could be seen rolling on the ground following the tackle during the third quarter and later shared his displeasure with the play in a now-deleted tweet that read, "It should be a league rule saying that a defender can not tackle a player by his penis. #NFLthe most painful thing ever! #NFL"
San Francisco went on to win the game 23-13.
san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos