Vernon Davis calls for rule change after painful tackle
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis was on the receiving end of a rough tackle during Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams when Rams rookie T.J. McDonald appeared to bring down Davis by grabbing onto his groin.
Davis could be seen rolling on the ground following the tackle during the third quarter and later shared his displeasure with the play in a now-deleted tweet that read, "It should be a league rule saying that a defender can not tackle a player by his penis. #NFLthe most painful thing ever! #NFL"
San Francisco went on to win the game 23-13.
san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan 9 min ago
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges 39 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 31 min ago
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
11 min ago
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
27 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop...
9 min ago