Candlestick Park seats go on sale for $749 a pair
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco 49ers and city parks officials are selling seats from the soon-to-be-shuttered Candlestick Park as part of the 49ers' farewell season at the stadium, a team spokeswoman said today.
The seats, which are sold only in pairs, went on sale at 10 a.m. today for $749 a pair, with the proceeds going toward youth programs put on by the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department, 49ers spokeswoman Talia Malik said.
"It would make a good Christmas present for sure," Malik said.
Buyers will have to wait to get the seats until they are removed from the stadium sometime in late 2014, Malik said.
Malik said she is not sure how many of the approximately 69,000 light-red-colored seats at Candlestick would be available for sale.
The 49ers, who beat the Seattle Seahawks at Candlestick on Sunday, are in their final season at the 53-year-old stadium, where the team has played since 1971.
The NFL organization is building its new venue, the $1.3 billion Levi's Stadium, in Santa Clara where the 49ers will play during the 2014-15 season.
The Recreation and Parks Department now manages Candlestick Park, but San Francisco-based developer Lennar Urban becomes the owner of the land after the 49ers' last game of the 2013-14 season.
Those wanting to buy the seat pairs can do so online at https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/49ers/EN/promotion/home and use the code GO49ERS access the sale, Malik said.
candlestick park, Levi's Stadium, san francisco 49ers, san francisco giants, santa clara, nfl
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 1 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 13 min ago
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies 17 min ago
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed