San Francisco cable cars, streetcars out of service for 49ers game
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco's cable cars and vintage streetcars have been taken out of service due to the 49ers NFC Championship game against the Seattle Seahawks, a transit spokesman said.
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency has made several changes in its Sunday transit service on to protect fans, riders and Muni vehicles from potential damage during or after today's 49ers game, which starts at 3:30 p.m., spokesman Paul Rose said.
Most cable cars have been replaced by bus shuttles for the day. Powell Street cable car lines will only run between Fisherman's Wharf and Chinatown.
Cable car shuttles will carry customers between the cable car turnaround at Market and Powell streets and the intersection of Washington and Powell streets, Rose said.
The California Street cable car line will be replaced by a shuttle starting at 2 p.m.
All day today, the F-Market streetcars will be serviced by Muni buses.
Most Muni Metro trains will run regular service, with the exception of the N-Judah, which will be serviced by Muni bus shuttles between stops at 22nd Avenue and Church Street.
Starting at 6 p.m., there will be no buses making stops on Market Street between Van Ness Avenue and the Embarcadero, Rose said.
Buses will be rerouted to Mission Street between those two locations.
All overhead lines that power electric Muni buses throughout the city have been de-energized, Rose said.
Other Muni bus lines will also run temporary re-routes on Sunday.
The most updated information regarding route and service changes can be found online at www.sfmta.com or by calling 511.
super bowl, san francisco 49ers, colin kaepernick, jim harbaugh, campbell, santa clara, fashion, nfl, nfl playoffs, nfl
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Serious accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 56 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown 34 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
25 min ago