Candlestick staff to remain through closing events
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It seems "The Stick" is going to stick around awhile longer.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that San Francisco Recreation and Park Department officials plan to keep the Candlestick Park's staff of 15 while they work to secure a series of closing events.
Officials told the Chronicle there is nothing to announce yet, but said they are considering exhibition soccer matches and celebrity games featuring past 49ers and Giants stars, as well as a community day open house.
Their biggest hope is a farewell concert starring Paul McCartney late in the summer or early in the fall.
candlestick park, san francisco 49ers, san francisco giants, nfl
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree 52 min ago
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes 27 min ago
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 24 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on...
27 min ago