Candlestick staff to remain through closing events
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It seems "The Stick" is going to stick around awhile longer.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that San Francisco Recreation and Park Department officials plan to keep the Candlestick Park's staff of 15 while they work to secure a series of closing events.
Officials told the Chronicle there is nothing to announce yet, but said they are considering exhibition soccer matches and celebrity games featuring past 49ers and Giants stars, as well as a community day open house.
Their biggest hope is a farewell concert starring Paul McCartney late in the summer or early in the fall.
candlestick park, san francisco 49ers, san francisco giants, nfl
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday