49ers, Seahawks fans raise thousands for opposing children's hospitals
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Together, San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks fans have raised an estimated $364,000 to benefit a hospital in the opponents' city.
The bet began about a month ago after Niner fans started a campaign to put up a billboard in Seattle. They donated extra money to Seattle Children's Hospital. Seahawks fans countered the move by launching a fundraiser to benefit UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital.
About $284,000 will go to the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, and $80,000 to Seattle Children's Hospital.
The money includes matching fund pledges from both teams.
san francisco 49ers, fundraiser, children, nfl
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos