49ers, Seahawks fans raise thousands for opposing children's hospitals
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Together, San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks fans have raised an estimated $364,000 to benefit a hospital in the opponents' city.
The bet began about a month ago after Niner fans started a campaign to put up a billboard in Seattle. They donated extra money to Seattle Children's Hospital. Seahawks fans countered the move by launching a fundraiser to benefit UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital.
About $284,000 will go to the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, and $80,000 to Seattle Children's Hospital.
The money includes matching fund pledges from both teams.
san francisco 49ers, fundraiser, children, nfl
- Wounded police officer back in surgery 52 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing 6 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer 6 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire 53 min ago