49ers, Seahawks fans raise thousands for opposing children's hospitals
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Together, San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks fans have raised an estimated $364,000 to benefit a hospital in the opponents' city.
The bet began about a month ago after Niner fans started a campaign to put up a billboard in Seattle. They donated extra money to Seattle Children's Hospital. Seahawks fans countered the move by launching a fundraiser to benefit UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital.
About $284,000 will go to the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, and $80,000 to Seattle Children's Hospital.
The money includes matching fund pledges from both teams.
san francisco 49ers, fundraiser, children, nfl
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang 36 min ago
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos