Ex-Chargers GM Smith joining Redskins' staff
The Washington Redskins have announced that A.J. Smith has joined the team as a senior executive.
ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Redskins have announced that A.J. Smith has joined the team as a senior executive.
Smith spent nine years as general manager of the San Diego Chargers before he was fired on Dec. 31.
Smith joins his son, Kyle, who has been an area scout for the Redskins for the past two seasons.
The Redskins announced the move Wednesday. They did not give any details to Smith's duties. Bruce Allen remains the general manager, and coach Mike Shanahan has the final say in football matters.
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 10 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos