Cardinals release Doucet, tender offer to Hoyer
The Arizona Cardinals have released wide receiver Early Doucet and given a qualifying, second-round tender offer to quarterback Brian Hoyer.
Doucet, a third-round draft pick in 2008, has been plagued by injuries much of his NFL career. He caught 28 passes for 207 yards in 12 games last season. For his Arizona career, Doucet had 139 catches for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns in 54 games.
Hoyer, signed by Arizona late last season, is a restricted free agent, but Arizona has the right to match any offer. If they decide not to match, the Cardinals will receive a second-round draft pick as compensation.
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday