Bush reportedly won't return to Dolphins in '13
The Miami Herald, citing an unnamed source close to Reggie Bush, reported Sunday that the running back will not return to the team next season.
The Miami Herald, citing an unnamed source close to Bush, reported Sunday that the running back will not return to the team next season.
Three teams contacted Bush once the NFL's three-day negotiating period opened Saturday at midnight but the Dolphins haven't shown any interest in retaining him, the source told the newspaper.
The 28-year-old Bush proved that he can be an every-down tailback in Miami, rushing for 2,072 yards and 12 touchdowns in two seasons with the Dolphins.
In 2012, Bush played in every game for the first time since 2006 and fell just shy of his second consecutive 1,000-yard rushing season, finishing with 986.
In 91 career games, Bush has 4,162 yards rushing and 2,730 receiving with 48 touchdowns (29 rush, 15 receiving, four return).
Information from ESPN.com AFC East blogger James Walker and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos