Source: Pats agree to deal to keep RT Vollmer
The New England Patriots have reached an agreement with free-agent right tackle Sebastian Vollmer on a new contract, according to a league source.
Terms of the deal are not yet known, but it locks up the team's top remaining free agent.
Originally a 2009 second-round pick, the 28-year old Vollmer has played in 51 career regular season games for the Patriots with 44 starts.
He played in all but one game in 2012, anchoring the right side of the Patriots' line.
He underwent minor knee surgery in February, which will naturally affect how he approaches this offseason, but he is expected to be ready for training camp.
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted...
41 min ago
- Police visit homes of missing jetliner's...
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos