Chargers LB Ingram tears ACL in practice
Linebacker Melvin Ingram suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament, the San Diego Chargers announced in a statement.
The left knee injury was suffered during the Chargers' organized team activities Tuesday morning.
With Ingram presumably lost for the season, San Diego is bringing in free agent Dwight Freeney on Wednesday for a visit, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
San Diego's new general manager, Tom Telesco, spent the past 15 seasons in Indianapolis, where the Colts drafted Freeney.
Ingram was San Diego's first-round pick in the 2012 draft. He had 41 tackles (21 solo), one forced fumble and one sack for a young, developing linebacking corps.
Ingram thanked Chargers fans for their support in a tweet Wednesday afternoon, writing: "Thanking everyone who said a prayer for me!!! Minor set back for a major come back!!"
ESPN.com's Bill Williamson and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter contributed to this report.
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 12 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos