Sharp Park Golf Course
Alister Mackenzie designed this course in 1929, and unfortunately, it shows its age. This muni is a diamond-turned-rough. The clubhouse is old, the fairways are ragged, the greens get bumpy. And yet, Sharp Park offers a measure of charm.
The course is mostly flat and lined with trees, within a stone's throw from the Pacific. It can be challenging and fun when a storm blows in, particularly the back nine, which runs along the ocean.
The par 5, 525 yard 13th is a dogleg left over water, and tough at any time of the year.
The par 3, 135 yard 13th isn't particularly long, but your pulse will quicken, a bit, because it plays over water.
Check the weather before visiting Sharp Park. Pacifica is notoriously windy, cold, and foggy in the summer months. Dress in layers.
golf, wayne freedman
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire 47 min ago
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 48 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos