Sharp Park Golf Course
Alister Mackenzie designed this course in 1929, and unfortunately, it shows its age. This muni is a diamond-turned-rough. The clubhouse is old, the fairways are ragged, the greens get bumpy. And yet, Sharp Park offers a measure of charm.
The course is mostly flat and lined with trees, within a stone's throw from the Pacific. It can be challenging and fun when a storm blows in, particularly the back nine, which runs along the ocean.
The par 5, 525 yard 13th is a dogleg left over water, and tough at any time of the year.
The par 3, 135 yard 13th isn't particularly long, but your pulse will quicken, a bit, because it plays over water.
Check the weather before visiting Sharp Park. Pacifica is notoriously windy, cold, and foggy in the summer months. Dress in layers.
golf, wayne freedman
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire 52 min ago
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- One killed in boating accident in Redwood City 34 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1 44 min ago
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets 32 min ago
- Photos: The top 10 most awful jobs for 2014 22 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 1 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos