Crystal Springs Golf Course
Some of the best scenery around. Crystal Springs is set along a reservoir between the often foggy coastal hills, and the San Mateo Peninsula. If not for the cars roaring past on Highway 280, you could swear you're hundreds of miles from the nearest city. Crystal Springs is an interesting enough course, although not inspiring, and gets plenty of play from the Peninsula crowd. Maintenance could be better, but it won't break your wallet or your back. I like the low-key, somewhat 60ish atmosphere.
The driving range has lights.
The restaurant serves decent chili.
I hope to return, soon, for a more detailed review, but until then, enough said.
golf, wayne freedman
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 29 min ago
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos