Michael Jordan told to stop smoking in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- One participant at the Presidents Cup - who is famous for his air time - is being asked to keep the air clean at Harding Park.
City officials are asking basketball superstar Michael Jordan to put away the cigars. Jordan was caught in a photo on the front page of the Chronicle's Sporting Green smoking a stogie.
The city bans smoking on its public courses.
The city's recreation and parks director even coined a new nickname for Jordan in this controversy calling him --"Spare the air Jordan."
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday