Jerry Rice works on his golf game
HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- NFL great Jerry Rice was working on his golf game on Tuesday at the TPC Stonebrae course in Hayward.
They will host a nationwide tour event next month and Rice is playing in it.
Rice dreams of competing on the senior tour, which he will be eligible for in 3 years, and this is a chance to test himself.
"My strategy is that I have to be able to hit fairways and if I fly a green, then just make sure I get it on the green for a bogie because you can make up bogies, but you can't make up doubles and triples," said Rice.
nfl, golf, larry beil
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 27 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
27 min ago