Jerry Rice works on his golf game
HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- NFL great Jerry Rice was working on his golf game on Tuesday at the TPC Stonebrae course in Hayward.
They will host a nationwide tour event next month and Rice is playing in it.
Rice dreams of competing on the senior tour, which he will be eligible for in 3 years, and this is a chance to test himself.
"My strategy is that I have to be able to hit fairways and if I fly a green, then just make sure I get it on the green for a bogie because you can make up bogies, but you can't make up doubles and triples," said Rice.
nfl, golf, larry beil
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 38 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash 16 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
1 min ago