Nike airs Tiger Woods TV ad featuring late father
NEW YORK -- Nike confirms it is airing a TV commercial Wednesday featuring Tiger Woods and the voice of his late father, an edgy move that calls out his personal problems on the eve of his return to competitive golf.
The ad is to air on ESPN and the Golf Channel just one day before the Masters begins.
In the stark, black-and-white ad, Woods looks directly into the camera without speaking while a recording of his late father is heard, speaking about taking responsibility.
"Did you learn anything?" Earl Woods says.
Woods is returning to golf after a leave that followed revelations of infidelities and a stint in rehab.
Nike Inc. is one of the few sponsors to stand by Woods during his troubles.
tiger woods, golf
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance 58 min ago
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos