Golfers tee off at the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Golfers have teed off at the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am on the Monterey Peninsula this morning.
Bill Murray is back headlining the celebrity amateur field. Giants Pitcher Matt Cain will be playing in the tournament for the first time.
Cain tees off on the Monterey Peninsula country club alongside professional partner Matt Bettancourt. Wednesday, Cain was asked which was more nerve wracking. Pitching in a World Series game or standing on the first tee with everyone watching his golf swing.
"It might be a little bit more out here at times. You've just got so much that's on your shoulders. But, there's times where you got to make your pitch. I would say there times when they're even though. When you need to make a putt out here and you need to make a pitch, you can definitely feel the pressure in the air," said Cain.
The tournament barely fit into Cain's schedule, spring training begins next Tuesday.
monterey county, golf
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos