Harding Park ready to bask in U.S. Open glow
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Imagine being able to tee it up just a stone's throw away from Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, then imagine doing it during the U.S. Open. The time has come to imagine no more.
Fourteen years after Lee Janzen edged Payne Stewart, the U.S. Open returns to San Francisco's storied Olympic Club for a fifth time with players teeing it up a week from today. While there have been significant changes to the Lake Course since 1998, they pale in comparison to the overhaul experienced by its city-run neighbor, TPC Harding Park.
Click on the play button in the video player above to watch Colin Resch's full report.
ESPN's live coverage of the 112th U.S. Open begins on Thursday, June 14 at 9 a.m.
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday