Harding Park ready to bask in U.S. Open glow
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Imagine being able to tee it up just a stone's throw away from Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, then imagine doing it during the U.S. Open. The time has come to imagine no more.
Fourteen years after Lee Janzen edged Payne Stewart, the U.S. Open returns to San Francisco's storied Olympic Club for a fifth time with players teeing it up a week from today. While there have been significant changes to the Lake Course since 1998, they pale in comparison to the overhaul experienced by its city-run neighbor, TPC Harding Park.
Click on the play button in the video player above to watch Colin Resch's full report.
ESPN's live coverage of the 112th U.S. Open begins on Thursday, June 14 at 9 a.m.
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 29 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos