Williams takes Mexico Open for 1st N'wide title
Lee Williams won the Mexico Open on Sunday for his first Nationwide Tour title, closing with a 2-under 70 for a one-stroke victory over Paul Haley II.
Williams, a former Auburn player, finished at 14-under 274 at El Bosque. He earned $112,500 to jump from 39th to fifth on the money list with $158,875. The final top 25 will earn 2013 PGA Tour cards.
Haley, the Chile Classic winner in March, shot a 68. He leads the money list with $229,834.
Scott Gutschewski had a 66 to finish third at 12 under.
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison 11 min ago
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda 38 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized 42 min ago
- 16-year-old killed in San Jose bike accident 13 min ago
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos