Tiger adds 3 tournaments to scheduled play
Tiger Woods is filling out his schedule on the road to the Masters with a pair of World Golf Championships and his new hometown event.JUPITER, Fla. -- Tiger Woods is filling out his schedule on the road to the Masters with a pair of World Golf Championships and his new hometown event.
Woods said on his website Tuesday that he'll play next week in the Match Play Championship in Arizona, the first of three straight tournaments. He will play the next week near his home, at the Honda Classic in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., and will play in the Cadillac Championship at Doral.
Woods says that it's a busy stretch and that he wants to keep playing well.
He hasn't played since winning at Torrey Pines three weeks ago. Woods competed in the Honda Classic last year for the first time as a pro and shot a final-round 62, finishing second behind Rory McIlroy. Woods moved from central Florida to South Florida a year ago.
McIlroy also will be competing in the same three tournaments. McIlroy will play next week for the first time since missing the cut in his only event this year -- in Abu Dhabi on the European Tour.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos