Masters: Tiger paired with Donald, Piercy
Tiger Woods will begin his 19th Masters on Thursday morning at 10:45 a.m., grouped with Luke Donald and Scott Piercy for the first round of the year's first major championship.
Woods, the No. 1-ranked player in the world, will attempt to win his fifth Masters and first since 2005. The threesome will play together again on Friday, starting at 1:41 p.m.
The 93-player field will play in threesomes beginning at 7:50 a.m. Honorary starters Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player get the event started at 7:45 a.m. Defending champion Bubba Watson is in a group with U.S. Amateur champion Steve Fox and Ian Poulter at 10:34 a.m.
The tournament's youngest competitor in history, China's Tianlang Guan, will play with Ben Crenshaw and Matteo Manassero at 12:24 p.m. Phil Mickelson precedes McIlroy by one group, teeing off at 1:30 p.m. with Louis Oosthuizen and Martin Kaymer.
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning 48 min ago
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists 4 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run 2 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos