LPGA Championship changes courses, dates
The LPGA Championship is staying in Pittsford, N.Y., but will be switching dates and courses next year.ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- The LPGA Championship is staying in Pittsford, N.Y., but will be switching dates and courses next year.
Officials announced Thursday that the major tournament will be held the week of Aug. 11, and played at the Monroe Golf Club. That's a change from previous years when nearby Locust Hill Country Club hosted the event in mid-June.
Locust Hill had been home to the LPGA Championship for the past four years, and served as a Tour stop for the past 37 years.
The switch in dates was made to accommodate the LPGA schedule by spreading out its majors over the summer.
The change in courses is one that reflects the Tour's desire to rotate the event across the region.
Wegmans will remain the event's title sponsor.
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
58 min ago
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos