Malnati's torrid finish seals 1st Web.com title
Peter Malnati won the News Sentinel Open on Sunday for his first Web.com Tour title, birdieing five of the last seven holes for a one-stroke victory.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Peter Malnati won the News Sentinel Open on Sunday for his first Web.com Tour title, birdieing five of the last seven holes for a one-stroke victory.
Malnati, a former University of Missouri player from Dandridge, Tenn., closed with a 5-under 65 for a 16-under 268 total at Fox Den Country Club. He earned $99,000 to jump from 80th to 16th on the money list with $155,917 in seven starts, assuring him of PGA Tour playing privileges in the 2013-14 season.
"I've worked really hard and I love doing this," Malnati said. "The only thing that stresses me out is wondering am I going to have to play mini tours next year? And the answer to that is no."
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos