Senior PGA Professional postponed by rain
The Senior PGA Professional National Championship was postponed Saturday because of rain and flooding at Creighton Farms. Makeup dates haven't been determined.
ALDIE, Va. -- The Senior PGA Professional National Championship was postponed Saturday because of rain and flooding at Creighton Farms. Makeup dates haven't been determined.
Creighton Farms received more than 2 inches of rain Friday night, bringing the total this week to more than 7 inches.
"We made every effort to conduct the championship, but heavy rain throughout the week in northern Virginia made it impossible," said Mark Tschetschot, PGA director of member championships. "We want to thank our sponsors as well as the staff at both Creighton Farms and River Creek Club who worked tirelessly in very challenging conditions."
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station 45 min ago
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- Crews control one-alarm house fire in Antioch
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos