Joe Pavelski shines for the Sharks
SAN JOSE, CA (KGO) -- The San Jose Sharks get three days to rest before Round 2 of the playoffs. They have to wait until the other first round series in the West to finish up and maybe a couple of Eagles concerts as well.
The Sharks most valuable player in Round 1 was no doubt Joe Pavelski. Now he's known as "The Big Pavelski."
The Sharks right wing, Pavelski, scored five times in six games against the Colorado avalanche, leading the Sharks into Round 2 of the playoffs.
"He's playing great. That whole line with Devin [Setoguchi] and [Ryane] Clowey, obviously Colorado just couldn't keep up with those three guys and they just dominated that series," says Sharks center Joe Thornton.
Pavelski is not the biggest guy on the ice or the best skater, but his hockey IQ is off the charts.
"He's just a really smart guy. I think he sees the play, sees the ice very well. He's got a great shot," says Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle.
"One of his best assets is any time he's inside the hash marks and he gets a shot on that, he's got a pretty accurate shot. He's pretty dangerous," says Sharks right wing Setoguchi.
Little Joe, as they call him, is a humble guy and he gives credit to his line mates of Ryan Clowe and Devin Setaguchi.
"We spend a lot of time together throughout the series on the ice and their intensity level is just as high and you saw the production right through," says Pavelski.
The Sharks will face Detroit, Nashville or Phoenix in the second round, but it might not start until Sunday because the Eagles are booked for two concerts at HP Pavilion on Friday and Saturday.
Tickets for Round 2 go on sale at the HP Pavilion at 10 a.m. on Tuesday and are also available online.
san jose sharks, hockey, mike shumann
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 44 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens 44 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 43 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 51 min ago