Waffles, pizza on the line for Sharks, Blackhawks bet
SAN JOSE, CA (KGO) -- It's waffles versus pizza in the traditional wager between the mayors of the two towns hosting the NHL Western Conference finals.
If the Chicago Blackhawks win, San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed will deliver a jackpot that includes food from La Victoria taqueria and Chiaramonte's deli; as well as Eggo Waffles, which were invented in San Jose.
When (if) the Sharks win, Chicago's mayor will be sending several classic Connie's deep dish pizzas, Robinson's ribs, and the city's famous Vienna Beef hotdogs.
san jose, san jose sharks, hockey
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline 42 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro 47 min ago
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that! 4 min ago
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member
- Armed robbery at bingo fundraiser in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday