Sharks face best team in hockey
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Jose Sharks host the best team in hockey on Tuesday -- the Minnesota Wild. San Jose beat the Wild in November and the side bar story here is the return of former Sharks Devin Setoguchi and Dany Heatley to the tank.
Any time you get traded and then return to play your original team, it's a bit strange. Setoguchi and Heatley will be dealing with mixed emotions for the second time this season as they return to the tank with Minnesota.
"It's obviously different playing against these guys, but it is what it is. It's kind of how the sport goes, you can't stay with one team forever and it's fun playing against them at the same time too. They've lost 3 of the last 4, so they're a pretty hungry team and a skilled team, if we're not ready to go it can get pretty ugly," said Setoguchi.
Shark fans may be tougher on Heatley than his former teammates.
"They're going to do whatever they're going to do, so it's not really going to affect me. I'm looking forward to playing here, I've always have liked this rink and it should be a good one tonight," said Heatley.
"I will certainly say hello to them tonight on the ice, when I try to run them over," said Sharks left wing Ryane Clowe. "It's actually two really close friends. It's a tough part of the business to see those guys go. They're great guys and great teammates and if you ask anyone in here, we all miss them."
Minnesota has the best record in hockey at 17-7-3.
"Their goaltending is a big plus for them. I think they're just a competitive team, they think defense first and so far it's been working for them," said Sharks center Joe Thornton.
The Sharks are hoping this reunion will not be pleasant for the Wild.
san jose sharks, hockey, mike shumann
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Missing 3-year-old Hayward boy found
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Witnesses: Car strikes crowd at Va. parade
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom 1 min ago
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday