Blackhawks beat sliding Sharks 4-1
CHICAGO -- Marcus Kruger and Andrew Shaw scored during Chicago's strong second period, and the NHL-leading Blackhawks beat the sliding San Jose Sharks 4-1 on Friday night for their fifth win in six games.
Dave Bolland and Niklas Hjalmarsson also scored for the Blackhawks, who remain the league's only team without a regulation loss. Jamal Mayers had two assists and backup Ray Emery made 27 saves for his fourth win in four starts this season.
Chicago's first home win since Jan. 27 against Detroit had a little bit of everything, including a rare fight between captains Jonathan Toews of the Blackhawks and Joe Thornton of the Sharks.
Toews skated up to Thornton with about 4½ minutes left in the first period, jabbed him with his stick and then dropped his gloves. The star centers tangled up for a minute before Thornton dragged Toews to the ice and the linesmen skated in.
san jose sharks, hockey
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market 4 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
6 min ago