Marleau golfs for Ronald McDonald House
DALY CITY, Calif. -- The rain didn't keep the San Jose Sharks Patrick Marleau from hitting the links to support the Ronald McDonald House of San Francisco on Monday.
Marleau and more than 150 golfers teed off at Daly City's Lake Merced Golf Club Monday morning.
The annual event will support expansion of the house to Mission Bay, tripling the number of families it serves.
Several of Marleau's teammates including Dan Boyle joined him on the course. A great cause for this charity, which houses families whose children are facing a life threatening illness.
"I got involved last year through a friend that's part of the board. Just saw it as a great opportunity to give back to the Bay Area and a worthy cause helping families out with sick children," said Patrick Marleau.
san jose sharks, daly city, charities, hockey
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support 56 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed 24 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- Bay Point man arrested in connection with '95 murder 12 min ago
- Driver in fatal Twin Peaks DUI hit-and-run sentenced
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on...
56 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos