San Jose Sharks' Brent Burns to shave beard for charity
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose Sharks forward Brent Burns is getting rid of his bushy beard for a good cause. He's shaving it for charity.
Burns hopes to raise $5,000 for two charities to help children. He'll let a teammate do the shave next month, until then, he's asking for donations.
Anyone who gives $50 or more will get an autographed before and after beard photo.
The top three donors will get to witness the shaving in person.
san jose sharks, hockey
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case