Jackets put MacKenzie on IR, add RW Tropp
The Columbus Blue Jackets have placed forward Derek MacKenzie on injured Reserve retroactive to Nov. 22 due to a strained back.
MacKenzie is eligible to return Saturday. He has two goals and an assist in 22 games this season, giving him 24 goals and 32 assists in 258 career NHL games with the Atlanta Thrashers and Blue Jackets.
The 24-year-old Tropp has three goals and six assists in 43 career NHL games, including one assist in nine games this season, with the Sabres.
A third-round pick by Buffalo in the 2007 draft, he missed most of the 2012-13 campaign due to a knee injury.
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault 1 min ago
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance 51 min ago
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 22 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos