Stars shelve Robidas for leg, recall Oleksiak
The Dallas Stars have placed defenseman Stephane Robidas on injured reserve with a broken right leg and recalled Jamie Oleksiak from their AHL affiliate.
The team said Saturday that the 36-year-old Robidas is expected to miss four to six months, jeopardizing his return this season. He was injured when he slid hard into the boards in the second period of a 2-1 shootout loss to Chicago on Friday.
Robidas ranks fourth among Dallas defensemen in games (704), assists (165) and points (211). The Stars signed him as a free agent in 2005. He has five points in 24 games this season.
Oleksiak leads all Texas Stars defensemen with three goals in 22 games. The 20-year-old made his debut for Dallas last season.
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Jayden Amys wins San Jose Future Chefs Challenge 4 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos