Flames recall goalie Taylor, send Irving to AHL
The Calgary Flames recalled goaltender Danny Taylor from the AHL and assigned Leland Irving to their Abbotsford affiliate.
"When we claimed Joey MacDonald off waivers, we did so with the expectation that he would play games for us," Flames general manager Jay Feaster said in a statement. "Now that he has seen some game action, we intend to use him more. By sending Leland to Abbotsford at this time, he does not require waivers. We want Leland to go down and work on sharpening his game."
Feaster added that the Flames also want to evaluate Taylor at the NHL level. In six games with Calgary this season, Irving has a 2-1-1 record to go along with an .883 save percentage and a 3.33 goals-against average.
This is Taylor's second stint with the Flames this season after signing as a free agent on Feb. 6. He leads all AHL goaltenders with a 1.82 GAA and is ranked fifth in the league with a .929 save percentage. In 27 games with the Heat, Taylor has a 13-10-1 record.
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos