Ducks hire former Leafs GM as part-time scout
Brian Burke is returning to the Anaheim Ducks as a part-time pro scout.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Brian Burke is returning to the Anaheim Ducks as a part-time pro scout.
The Ducks announced Thursday that they've re-hired Burke, who was their general manager from 2005-08.
Burke was abruptly fired by the Toronto Maple Leafs last month after four playoff-free years as their president and GM.
Anaheim had two 100-point seasons and won its only Stanley Cup championship during Burke's tenure.
When Burke left the Ducks in part to be closer to family on the East Coast, Bob Murray succeeded him as Anaheim's general manager. Murray says he looks forward to working with Burke again.
Burke also was the general manager of the U.S. Olympic hockey team that won silver medals at the Vancouver Olympics in 2010.
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF 20 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 1 min ago
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 59 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos