Flyers' Read out 6 weeks with torn rib muscles
Flyers center Matt Read will miss six weeks because of torn rib cage muscles.PHILADELPHIA -- Flyers center Matt Read will miss six weeks because of torn rib cage muscles.
Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren made the announcement Thursday night before the Flyers faced Florida. Read was injured on a hit by Chris Kunitz in the first period of Philadelphia's 6-5 win at Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.
Read leads the Flyers with seven goals, and his 13 points are third behind captain Claude Giroux and Brayden Schenn. He is the third Flyers player on the top line to get hurt this season, joining Scott Hartnell and Danny Briere. Hartnell could return within 10 days, and Briere is already back in the lineup.
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash 39 min ago
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 50 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos