Flyers' Zolnierczyk banned 4 games for charge
The NHL has suspended Philadelphia Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk four games for charging Ottawa defenseman Mike Lundin.
Lundin suffered a concussion.
The play happened Saturday midway through the first period of the Flyers' 2-1 win. Zolnierczyk launched himself into Lundin as the Ottawa forward was cutting into the Flyers' zone.
Zolnierczyk received a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct on the play. He will be fined just under $13,000.
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond 15 min ago
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Los Angeles subway dig finds prehistoric artifacts
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos