Struggling Bruins place Bourque on waivers
The Boston Bruins have placed forward Chris Bourque on waivers, according to a team source.
Other teams have until noon ET Friday to make a claim on Bourque. If he clears, the Bruins will assign him to the Providence Bruins, where he played during the NHL work stoppage earlier this season.
Bourque, the son of Bruins legend and NHL Hall of Famer Ray Bourque, participated in the Bruins' morning skate Thursday at TD Garden in preparation for Thursday's game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. After the skate, Bruins coach Claude Julien said he expected lineup changes after two straight losses. With Bourque out, veteran forward Jay Pandolfo will be in the lineup.
In 18 games with the Bruins, Bourque has one goal and three assists for four points while posting a minus-6.
ESPNBoston.com's Joe McDonald and James Murphy contributed to this report
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 47 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
32 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos