Kings' Greene activated after missing 42 games
Defenseman Matt Greene has been activated by the Los Angeles Kings after getting injured in the defending Stanley Cup champions' season opener.
The Kings moved Greene off injured reserve on Friday, adding another important veteran for their playoff push.
Greene injured his back in the Kings' opener Jan. 19 against Chicago. He missed 42 games with the injury, but returned to the ice for practice in recent weeks.
He could boost the Kings as they jockey with San Jose for the fourth playoff seed in the Western Conference.
Greene was a major part of the Kings' sturdy defense during last season's title run, but Greene and fellow veteran defenseman Willie Mitchell have missed virtually the entire season with injuries, forcing Los Angeles to trade for Robyn Regehr and Keaton Ellerby.
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos