Wild will move AHL team from Houston to Iowa
The Minnesota Wild are moving their primary minor league team to Iowa.ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Wild are moving their primary minor league team to Iowa.
The Wild made the long-anticipated announcement Thursday that their American Hockey League affiliate will relocate from Houston to Des Moines, starting next season.
Wild chief operating officer Matt Majka says the organization was unable to agree on terms of a new arena lease at the Toyota Center in Houston. The Aeros have been the Wild's top minor league club in the 30-team AHL since 2001.
Des Moines is about a 3.5-hour drive from the Twin Cities.
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"... 51 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos