Keenan hired as coach of Russian hockey club
Veteran NHL coach Mike Keenan has signed a two-year contract to coach the Russian club Metallurg Magnitogorsk.
MAGNITOGORSK, Russia -- Veteran NHL coach Mike Keenan has signed a two-year contract to coach the Russian club Metallurg Magnitogorsk.
The Kontinental Hockey League club announced the deal on its website Monday but did not disclose financial details.
The 63-year-old Keenan led the New York Rangers to the 1994 Stanley Cup title and has more than 600 wins during a 25-year career with eight teams. He last coached in the NHL with the Calgary Flames from 2007 to 2009.
In a video on the Metallurg website, Keenan says he's "pleased to be here as your new coach."
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Jayden Amys wins San Jose Future Chefs Challenge 8 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos