Keenan hired as coach of Russian hockey club
Veteran NHL coach Mike Keenan has signed a two-year contract to coach the Russian club Metallurg Magnitogorsk.
MAGNITOGORSK, Russia -- Veteran NHL coach Mike Keenan has signed a two-year contract to coach the Russian club Metallurg Magnitogorsk.
The Kontinental Hockey League club announced the deal on its website Monday but did not disclose financial details.
The 63-year-old Keenan led the New York Rangers to the 1994 Stanley Cup title and has more than 600 wins during a 25-year career with eight teams. He last coached in the NHL with the Calgary Flames from 2007 to 2009.
In a video on the Metallurg website, Keenan says he's "pleased to be here as your new coach."
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires 12 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- SF Mayor pledges to fix public housing elevators 36 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos