Kings, D Voynov agree to six-year contract
The Los Angeles Kings and defenseman Slava Voynov have agreed to terms on a new six-year contract, the team announced Tuesday.
The deal is worth $25 million, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.
Voynov led the Kings in goals (6) and total points (13) in their postseason run that ended with a loss to the Chicago Blackhawks in the Western Conference finals.
The 23-year-old Russian skated in all 48 of the team's regular-season games this year and had new career highs for both points (25) and assists (19) during the regular season.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 27 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
12 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos