Blues give Allen 2-year deal after solid showing
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen has signed a two-year-contract after his strong showing as a rookie.
Allen was 9-4-0 with a 2.46 goals-against average to lead rookie goalies, filling in when Jaroslav Halak was injured and Brian Elliott was slumping. His .692 winning percentage was a franchise rookie record and he was the team's first rookie to win at least nine games since Curtis Joseph in 1989-90.
With Halak and Elliott also under contract next year, Allen could start the year in the minors. He was a second-round pick in the 2008 draft.
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 36 min ago
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 9 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 21 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos